Friday, July 24, 2009

Wherever this leads...

I don’t need to be told… what to feel or how to feel it.
I don’t need to be told… what to do or how to do it.
These are my choices… let me make them!

You need to realize… I did not ask for your opinion.
You need to realize… your path is different from mine.
This is my experience… do not change it!

If you can not see or hear me … you need to look and listen.
If you can not walk beside me… you need to walk away.
This is the reality of my life… you need to respect it!

Jose and I continue to learn so much from our adoption experience. This has not been the easiest road to travel. It has been full of life lessons and personal growth. This experience has changed us and our life in many ways. It has profoundly changed our view of the world. We are not asking anyone to understand the place which we now stand. We only ask for them to join our journey and embrace this time regardless of where it takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment