Friday, June 5, 2009

More updates...

We are exhausted! Our Birthmother is in housing about thirty minutes from our home. It seems we are on the road constantly going to doctor visits, movies, restaurants, etc. When we're not with her we are trying to finish up loose ends and keep up with our day to day life. We have not been home for dinner in a month. I really miss my kitchen!

I (Brandon) have been so anxious and my sleep patterns are very erratic. For me sleep has never come easy but at present I average about four hours a night. I guess I am preparing myself for the trials of a potential restless baby.

Many of our friends have offered to host baby showers. We have declined these generous jesters until after our little one arrives. We are old school and do not want to jinx anything. The reality is... we are a little crazy and superstitious! The other reality is we can not sit still long enough to enjoy family, friends or ourselves.

Today's doctor visit went well. Our Birthmother is scheduled for an afternoon delivery Thursday, June 11th. She really wants to get this over with as she is very pregnant and uncomfortable. We will continue to see what the weekend holds. You never know... she may go into labor before her official due date.

We continue to remind ourselves that all of this will be forgotten in a few days when we end this part of our journey. The restlessness and worry will subside when we bring our baby home.

Oh... and the above photo is from our 3-D ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment