Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Wishes...

My (Brandon) birthday has come and gone. There was no cake, no party and no fan fair. My present was not wrapped and came without a card. It was something I had asked for long ago. It was a gift I thought I would never receive. On my birthday I received the most precious and treasured gift I will ever receive. WE WERE MATCH WITH OUR BIRTH MOTHER!

Jose and I feel this match occurring on my birthday has great symbolic meaning. If you believe in fate you must believe that this is our baby. If you have read our blog you know I was adopted at birth. We truly feel this is not a coincidence. It is a gift from God and a gift guided by the Birth Mother that relinquished me 41 years ago. This entire process has affirmed to us that we do not control our destiny. Life itself will lead us in the right direction given time and patience.

This is a wonderful match and exactly what we have prayed for. We are grateful to have been brought together with our child’s Mother. We are thankful for her willingness to give us the greatest gift we will ever receive.

Last year I wished for a healthy baby when I blew out my candles. Birthday wishes really do come true!

Oh... and we are due in 31 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment